Fani started her career in sustainability advisory in 2012 and her expertise lies in the broader sustainability agenda. Prior to joining Grant Thornton in 2020, she worked for consulting firms such as Sustainable Development Ltd., Centre for Sustainability & Excellence (CSE), Sustainability Knowledge Group (SKG), and AIPHORIA Consulting as well as a freelancer. Fani specialises in sustainability consulting and reporting, strategy implementation, and impact management. She is experienced in providing effective advisory services to companies that uphold sustainability principles and practically create positive business impact. She supports businesses to make the necessary transitional steps, strengthen their sustainability performance and achieve competitive advantage in the sector they operate. In particular, she has sound experience on:
- Advisory on Corporate Sustainability (NFRD/CSRD) and non-financial reporting in accordance with ESRS, GRI Standards, SASB, TCFD, UNGC, SDGs, UN PRI as well as, ISO environmental management series, ESMA guidelines;
- Compliance with Sustainable Finance regulatory developments including SFDR, EU Taxonomy, amended regulations such as MiFID II, AIFMD, UCITS, CRR, IDD, and national regulations related to the incorporation of ESG risks into business practice;
- Advisory on financing sustainable solutions and impact investments;
- Materiality analysis, stakeholder dialogue, due diligence, sustainability management and strategy development, targets and performance indicators selection;
- Industrial Ecology related concepts and frameworks such as carbon footprint, circular economy and life cycle assessments.
Fani holds a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences (University of Aegean, Greece) and a master’s degree in Industrial Ecology – joint degree from TU Delft (Netherlands), Leiden University (Netherlands), Karl-Franzens University of Graz (Austria). She is certified in GRI Sustainability Reporting by the Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI) and TCFD for the Financial Sector, as well as following the GARP training on Sustainability and Climate Risk. She is a member of the Union of Environmental Scientists (EPPE) in Greece and the Association of CSR Professionals (Pro|RSE) in Luxembourg. Fani is also a member of ABBL’s working group “Corporate Sustainability”. Fani has participated in public discussions and presentations with a focus on Sustainability. Her latest presentation was at the conference “Sustainable Horizons: Navigating CSRD and Beyond“, where she talked about the application of ESRS. Fani is also actively writing journal and insights articles relevant to her expertise.